11.21.2008

Prophet Ben

Holy canoli, guys. I just noticed that I correctly picked the winner of the World Series at the beginning of July. The post in which I made the prediction is mostly garbage, but check out the end where I suggest that we celebrate The Day Before Independence Day with the Phillies winning the World Series. I was right!

Even though I don't really follow baseball, and I wasn't even trying to make a pick for the World Series, this is pretty amazing. At the time I said that, the Phillies were a relatively mediocre 44-39, and they'd just come off a streak where they only won 2 of their last 13. It was a gutsy pick, but it paid off.

While I still have this spirit of prophecy, I'd like to make a few other bold predictions. Feel free to react as if these were true, because they almost certainly will be at some point in the future.

-Mustard will overtake ketchup as the most popular condiment.
-Australia will replace the United States as the dominant world power.
-Brazil will become the first country to send a samba musician to the moon.
-Zombies will take over the entirety of Europe and Asia, but Africa will be spared because the zombies are afraid of water and will not cross the Suez canal.
-Huey Lewis and the News will make a dramatic comeback, and their album will reach number one on the billboard charts. Shortly thereafter they will begin a war against all other musicians to cement their position at the top.
-Dogs will finally learn to talk.

2 comments:

chris said...

That's amazing! You should have made a bet! I will murder you if you're right about the mustard thing! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

That's fine. Ketchup is a horrid excuse for a condiment anyway. Its as useful as noodles in your chili.