12.12.2008

The Mayor

You may have noticed that I'm not writing as consistently as I used to. Let me assure you, faithful readers, that this is not my fault. It's because the Mayor of my blog, in an effort to reduce municipal spending, has cut the power to this blog for weeks at a time. I've invited him here to explain himself, and he's finally taken me up on the offer.

Hi, I'm the Mayor.

The sweat is from hammering that cube.
That's me right there in that picture, hanging out in my office. I had an aide take that picture after I bashed in that steel cube. I remember that being a good day--had a Wendy's hamburger, bashed that cube, watered the plants. Come to think of it, that's probably the best picture of me in existence.

But let's not dwell on how awesome I look, though it's certainly one of the main reasons I got elected. We're here to talk fiscal policy, an issue very important to my administration. The biggest challenged I've faced as the Mayor is getting this blog's budget under control. You would not believe the wild spending that's gone on here under the previous administration. Ice cream socials, square dancing, lizard racing. You name it.

I was elected to bring some discipline to this blog, but honestly, I've been really busy, so spending has gotten even more out of control. The writer of this blog would have you believe that I cut the power in order to save money, but actually, I just haven't paid our electric bill in months, so the energy company cut us off. Maybe if I hadn't eaten so many Wendy's hamburgers on the taxpayers' dime, this wouldn't have happened. But who am I kidding, those hamburgers are too good to pass up.

Hope this explains things. I'll see you next election season!

Your Wonderful Mayor,
Mayor Rod Stodder

No comments: