12.17.2008

There's a Hole in the Bucket

HENRY: Hey Liza, there's a hole in the bucket.
LIZA: Cain't you see I'm busy, Henry?
HENRY: I'm tellin' you, Liza, there's a hole in the bucket!
LIZA: Well what do you want me to do about it?
HENRY: I--I just thought I should tell ya is all.
LIZA: Maybe insteada whinin' to me you could just go on and fix it!
HENRY: Well maybe if I knew how to fix it I would'na come whinin'!
LIZA: Henry, I am sick and tired of yer constant complainin'! I'm on my knees here in the kitchen day after day, and not once do I get a thank you, and now you come to me and tell me there's a hole in the bucket. Well excuse me, dear Henry, if I don't give a flying horse pattutie!
HENRY: But you know how I need the bucket, Liza!
LIZA: Henry! What did I just now say? And what do you need the gosh-darned bucket for, anyway?
HENRY: Them aliens out there said they wanted it.
LIZA: Why didn't you just give it to 'em?
HENRY: Like I been tellin' you, Liza, there's a hole in the bucket!
LIZA: But they're aliens, Henry! Don't they have a magic fix-up-the-bucket ray?
HENRY: Would I be tellin' you there was a hole in the bucket if the aliens fixed it up with a fancy ray gun?
LIZA: I wouldn't be surprised if you did.
(The aliens enter the kitchen)
ALIEN #1: We don't want your bucket anymore.
HENRY: How come?
ALIEN #1: We found one that didn't have a hole.
ALIEN #2: Also, we ate your dog.
(Exit aliens)
HENRY: If you'da just done fixed the bucket for me, Rupert'd still be alive.
LIZA: Just get a new bucket. I mean, dog. Get a new dog.

No comments: