3.25.2009

The Roman Empire

In the Roman forum, or something, where special Roman folks gather. Actually, there aren't many people gathered there. Just Caesar and some other Roman guy.

CAESAR: What say ye, faithful Tortus?
TORTUS: Well, the suggestion box has been up at the city gates for a week now. I gotta tell ya, Caesar, we got quite a few suggestions.
CAESAR: I trust that you screened them for me.
TORTUS: Pretty much. There were about 50-some that suggested we abolish slavery, so I threw those out.
CAESAR: Haha, the slaves are always good for a laugh.
TORTUS: Indeed!
CAESAR: Were there any other good suggestions?
TORTUS: I wouldn't call them good, per se. Interesting, perhaps.
CAESAR: Such as?
TORTUS: Someone suggested we change your title from "Caesar" to "Bubbles."
CAESAR: Bubbles?
TORTUS: Actually, it's "Bubbles the Dancing Cat," but I shortened it.
CAESAR: Hmm. What do you think about it, Tortus?
TORTUS: I...uh...while I'm not opposed to changing your glorious title, I don't think--
CAESAR: Silence!
TORTUS: (is silent)
CAESAR: Henceforth, we shall be known as Bubbles the Dancing Cat. Anything else?
TORTUS: Yes, there was another suggestion that I liked. It said, "Invent velcro."
CAESAR: What is velcro?
TORTUS: I don't know, but it sounds pretty good.
CAESAR: Very well. It is done.
TORTUS: Thank you, Caesar.
CAESAR: Tortus. Call me Bubbles.

No comments: