4.25.2011

Comebacks Are Hard

This whole coming-back-to-blogging business is so far a lot more work than it is play. I expected it to flow, like the thrill and excitement would return naturally, like the pets in Homeward Bound. But it's been more of a forced exercise that produces little satisfactory results, like the training montage from Rocky.

Are those comparisons fair, though? This return to blogging is, after all, more like a sequel. In that case, my comeback bears greater similarity to Homeward Bound 2: Lost in San Francisco, an inane retread meant to cash in on past success, than to Rocky II, the unnecessary sequel that made our hero at last victorious.

I never thought I'd be able to compare any aspect of my life to a Disney sequel, and a live-action animal adventure at that. I couldn't even pull off a Return of Jafar. Have I indeed sunk so low?

Oh well. If I can't find meaning in successfully returning to write nonsense blogs, I could always find meaning in rock collecting.

No comments: