4.18.2011

Let's Celebrate Earth Day

Well, it's Earth Day on Friday, I think. It's the time of year when we all realize that we are not, in fact, floating in space. I guess technically we are floating in space, but even more technically, it's Earth that's floating in space (but even more technically it's not "floating" because it is tethered to the sun).

A lot of people like to spend Earth Day cleaning things up. Personally, I don't see how that celebrates Earth. If we really wanted to go easy on the ol' planet, I think the only thing we'd need to do is not blow it up. Any Earth Day that preserves the existence of Earth is a success in my opinion.

You may say that picking up garbage is a way to preserve the existence of Earth, but I wouldn't be able to hear you because you smell like garbage and that's pretty disgusting.

Another thing we could do to celebrate Earth Day? Not move to another planet. I bet Earth would resent that.

No comments: