10.08.2008

Clash of the Titans

Whatever happened to Mt. Olympus? I mean, I know those Greek gods weren't real and everything, but they made for some pretty interesting stories. You could make a great sitcom about the misadventures of Zues and Hera. But it seems like everybody cares more about the latest presidential election than what the fake gods might be doing if they were starring on a network television show. For shame, America.

Let's take a brief glimpse into what this sitcom might look like. I haven't decided what to call it. I'm thinking something along the lines of The Gods Are Married. That's creative, right?

Zeus enters his palace home on Mt. Olympus.
HERA: Where have you been?
ZEUS: Sorry I'm late, honey. Hephaestus challenged me to a drinking contest again.
HERA: (laughing) If only mankind could hold its liquor like the gods can.
ZEUS: But alcoholism is hilarious. Why do you think I created it?
fake audience laughter
HERA: How come you have feathers all over you?
ZEUS: Um...after all the drinking, we, um, went to the chicken factory--
HERA: You didn't transform into a swan and rape that poor girl again, did you?
ZEUS: Well, so what if I did. I like being a swan.
HERA: Last time you did that, she gave birth to Helen, and the whole civilized world practically destroyed itself because she was so beautiful.
ZEUS: Hehe, yeah, that was pretty great.
fake audience laughter again
HERA: You should know better than to let that happen again.
ZEUS: Well maybe if I was getting any at home I wouldn't have to take the form of a swan and knock up the human chicks.
fake audience oohs
HERA: Keep it up, mister, and I'll wipe out every female on the planet.
ZEUS: That's what she said.
fake audience laughter
Zeus's head explodes, and Athena is born.

1 comment:

mrs. r said...

pretty sure I would watch that show...