10.28.2008

Haystack: Results

I spent the last three days (including the whole weekend) immersed in a haystack, looking for things. A friend dared me to do it, after a really long and bizarre needle-in-a-haystack joke he told me. It was probably the worst non-racist joke I've ever heard.

But back to the haystack. Before I tell you what I found there, I want to say that this was easily one of the most unpleasant experiences of my life. Three days in a haystack with no food or water, and it's really cold out, and haystacks are scratchy. Still I doubt I would have done anything better with my weekend.

What I found in the haystack:
-A puppy (Found that one within the first ten minutes, highlight of the weekend. But it ran away as soon as I released it from the haystack.)
-Bird poop
-Hay
-The smell of hay
-This itch that is still driving me crazy
-A lot of dirt
-A sombrero
-A single fingernail clipping
-Straw
-A talking piece of hay (It told me that it used to be a person before it turned into a piece of hay.)
-Different-smelling hay

If I keep skipping work for stuff like this, I'm definitely going to get fired. But I may get fired sooner for smelling like hay.

No comments: