10.24.2008

Hotcakes

This morning I made the world's largest pancake*.

The pancake I made was bigger than this one.
It was delicious, and I have leftovers that will last me and all of Minneapolis for the rest of our collective lifetimes. Now more than ever does it suck to live in the suburbs. It also sucks to not own a microwave, because no one wants to eat cold pancakes.

You may be wondering a number of things about this pancake, but I'd like to encourage you to just enjoy its splendor. Don't worry about how I would flip a giant pancake, where I would cook it, or exactly how big it was. Just look at it. Dream about it. And if you live in the city, you can try some of it. I bet you wish you had a giant pancake in Apple Valley now, don't you?

*The pancake featured in this picture is actually a different pancake than the one I made. I don't take credit for this 2.5 ton Canadian endeavor, because the Canadians are lame. Also, they probably used goat eggs instead of real eggs.

No comments: