11.10.2005

New Things Encountered

There are certain things I do not expect to exist. The weary routine of life trains us into believing only a limited set of things are ever available to experience. And then you dial a phone number and hear "Zephyr Song" by Red Hot Chili Peppers instead of that ringing noise.

This has happened to me twice.

If I only heard "Zephyr Song" once when I tried to call someone, I would be relatively unfazed. "This is interesting," I would say to myself, "but not quite worth noting in the annals of history or my blog." But I heard it twice, possibly from two different phone numbers.

It may have been the same phone number, and I just totally spaced on whether or not I had actually called that number before. I am a model employee.

The other day I also heard "Swingtown" while on hold. The only problem was that I only heard the boring synth solo. For once I wanted to stay on hold.

No comments: