11.30.2005

Some Serious Soul Searching and Salliteration

Why should I write anything in here ever again? According to my reader map, I have a total of three readers (but I know better---there are at least five). One might argue, however, that readership doesn't matter as long as you're being true to yourself and blah blah blah puke. So that's out. And then there's the whole problem of, you know, me being bored with this. The doctors told me it's incurable, the boredom.

Yet why should I write anything in livejournal ever again? Perhaps more people read livejournal, and perhaps it's more convenient to write in livejournal, and perhaps more people comment in livejournal and therefore give me a reason for existence, but for some reason it's less fulfilling. The way any food but carrots is less fulfilling to bunny rabbits. Writing in livejournal is like holding myself to a sub-par standard. At least it's easy.

So I have resolved. All meaningful communication between me and the world-at-large will now be distributed through random emails. From this point on, if you wish to read something substantial I have to say (substantial along the lines of "Love is like a rock..." not substantial like serious ideology) beyond maybe a few turds per month in this toilet, get me your email address. I will try not to disappoint, but, you know. It's what I do.

4 comments:

christinesfakeblog said...

oh, Ben. Stop you're lying.

christinesfakeblog said...

or stop your lying. Just stop.

Unspar! said...

Yeah, who knows. At least it was fun to write. The most honest part is that I really like the emails. It's way more fun.

Anonymous said...

you don't email me. I'm going to cry now. livejournal is way better, if only for goodyspeedy