12.15.2005

The Ice Cold Bitch Goddess

Today I nicknamed traffic "The Ice Cold Bitch Goddess." I have never experienced such horrid stasis. Before today, I did not believe so many cars were in existence.

I left work at 5, and immediately hit a stone wall on the freeway. Usually the freeway traffic is loose for the first mile or so, but today not at all. The traffic was stop and go (more stop than go, and the go was usually slower than walking speed) for as far as the eye could see and probably much further beyond that.

I exited the freeway at my first chance, and even that took twenty-five minutes (which, by the way, was longer than it took me to get home yesterday during a worse snowstorm). After I exited, I spent more than ten minutes at a single intersection as well as a total of fifteen more minutes at other intersections.

Overall it took me 1.25 hours to take a drive that took me .25 hours yesterday.


Man has never more desperately needed flying cars.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you remember the Ufo cars we were going to invent? It was when we would walk home together after we stopped hating each other. I think now is the time for the Ufo.