12.23.2005

Why Are We Here?

Today is Friday. The Friday before Christmas. And I am in an office building in Eden Prairie, which is (probably not) ironically far from Edenic. I would rather be anywhere else right now. Including the insides of a volcano or POW camp in Vietnam. I'd appreciate the change of scenery.

There are very few things that have brightened my day so far. There were two when I started writing this, now there are three.

#1: Brie's old post about how she totally pissed off a Caribou customer. Good f'ing morning indeed.

#2: A story my coworker told me. Her son came back from kindergarten one day and said, "How much money do I have in my college fund?" His mom laughed at him. Then he said, "And another thing. I'm six years old and I haven't been to Japan yet!" So his mom said, "I'm 26 and I haven't either!" Take that, kid. Put that in your hot air balloon and fly to Asia.

#3: As I wrote about being inside a volcano, I remembered the Simpsons episode when Bart calls Australia. When he makes random calls, he calls some area that's full of lava. A house floats by the pay phone, and a guy sitting on the house grabs the phone, but the house keeps floating and he falls in the lava. This call appears on the phone bill as "Disputed Zone." I just want to sit on the couch and watch Simpsons all day.

Merry Christmas to all, and I hope you never have to work a day in your life.

No comments: