12.30.2005

The thing I was going to talk about before that I just remembered

I enjoy hanging out with [names deleted to preserve the sacred anonymity of the white car] a great deal. They say things no one else I know would ever say (in a smart way), and that's very cool. Even when they talk about cancer.

Ideas that came up when talking about this person they knew who had cancer:
--He looked like the kind of person would get cancer. (I, fortunately, do not look like that kind of person.)
--One should not hang out with someone who has cancer solely because they have cancer because cancer does not mean that you have to like someone.
--Not asking this one important thing about someone's cancer is similar to not finding out what kind of dog a person got. (I don't remember what the important thing was.)
--Cutting off someone's conversation with a cancer patient so that we can go to a book store is insensitive but OK.
--[Name deleted again because she told me to not tell anyone what we talked about] is a difficult girlfriend to get over.

Oh, I just realized that what happens in the car stays in the car. Crap. So I deleted the names just now.

No comments: