12.11.2005

Weekends in the Eau C. always make it to the blog.

Mary Beth and I visited Eau Claire Friday night and Saturday afternoon (it was all part of the same trip). As usual, the Robisons wrought some awesome havoc. Here's a highlight reel.

Part 1.
We saw The Chronicles of Narnia. (I didn't like that much because it wasn't as good as the animated L,W,W or the BBC Narnias, but it was still pretty good.) We were in a hilarious mood to begin with, and it spilled over into the movie and resulted in us ruining the movie for everyone. First, you know that St. Jude's Children's Hospital thing that they're running at the beginning of the movies now? With all the celebrities and cancerous kids? I laughed through the whole thing. So hard that I cried. When it started, Brad said, "This isn't funny," so I laughed and I could not control myself. It was OK at first cuz it was just the celebrities, but when the tragic-looking children came on, I must have seemed like a terrorist.

During the movie, there was a scene that was straight out of Lord of the Rings--that one where the hobbits all hide from the Ring Wraiths under that tree--where all the kids hid under a rock. Derivative, fine, whatever, but the funny part was that both Dan and Brad made a Ring Wraith crack at the same time. There were several other Lord of the Rings moments, and the ending was exactly like the ending of Star Wars. So I started singing the Star Wars theme.

Part 2.
We went to lunch, and then we went to Savers. At Savers, Dan found a little one-and-a-half-octave toy keyboard that played exactly (and I mean exactly) the same drum machine line from "Photobooth" by Death Cab for Cutie. It was amazing. He bought it and will most likely show it off to anyone who cares.

Part 3.
There is no part 3.

No comments: