4.15.2008

The Most Comfortable Socks

I am wearing the most comfortable socks ever today. My feet are more comfortable than they've ever been before. It feels like they're floating on a cloud.

No, that doesn't describe it. It feels more like they're wrapped in cats. Have you ever wrapped your feet in cats? It's probably better than wearing these socks. Cat hair is usually softer than socks, and the cat body heat would keep your feet warmer. But if we had to walk, we'd probably crush the cats, and then they wouldn't be as comfortable.

Maybe it's more like having my feet soaked in oil and then tied up in rabbit fur. Except that my feet aren't wet and I really doubt that mixing rabbit fur in with that would be anything close to comfortable.

Let's just go with the cat one. That's the closest I'll be able to get.

3 comments:

chris said...

I had Garfield slippers when I was younger. Not until reading this post did I realize how lucky my feet were between the ages of 5 and 15, err, i mean 5 and 9. 9's not too old, right?

Ted said...

What if your feet were wrapped in docile pumas? Or is that the cat you had in mind?

Unspar! said...

Pumas don't really capture the furriness that enveloped my feet. I understand puma hair is quite short. Perhaps a lynx would be an adequate comparison.