4.07.2008

Nurse Ben

Somehow, probably from my relative lack of blogging, the days in the corporate swamp are getting longer and longer. Maybe I'm getting more efficient at what I do, though I don't think you can increase your efficiency at doing nothing. Or maybe there's just less work, or I'm just doing less of it.

Whatever it is, it's time for me to move on to a new profession. In the midst of my hours of boredom on Friday, one of my coworkers suggested that I get a nursing degree. I laughed it off, and then I decided it was a good idea. There may be better ideas, but I don't have time to think of any.

Starting in September, I'll be taking night classes at the local nursing school. I expect all of you to start calling me Nurse Ben. I may not answer or take it seriously at first, but I'll need to get used to it.


EDIT: Just got the news--I was not accepted to nursing school.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ben,

I hope you are thrilled I am reading your blog. Oh boy I bet you are saying!

I like the idea of nursing school for you. You would be fabulous. Plus you are a brain at math, etc that would be required for school and you would breeze through school. It would be a very fulfilling job with good pay and flexible hours. But, just a thought.

I love you, hope you had a smooth trip to ES. I am praying for you and your whole team.

Love, Mom