12.19.2006

Seven

For my next mix CD project, I will burn seven discs, each one themed after one of the seven virtues. I was all excited to work on this over the next few weeks, but then I encountered a problem. While the Catholic church named seven deadly sins, they named 14 virtues. Talk about going overboard.

There is one group of seven "capital" virtues, and each of these is the opposite of a deadly sin. Then there's the four "cardinal" virtues (prudence, justice, temperance, and fortitude), my personal favorites, which are often paired with the three "theological" virtues (faith, hope and charity). So which ones do I make my mix CDs for?

I'm gonna go with cardinal and theological, I think. That'll be the real challenge. Anybody could make a CD after the deadly sins or undeadly virtues, but tackling something like "fortitude" will require some sound mixology.

And to Adam: if you have any suggestions for any of these CDs, let me know, since you'll be the one to hear them on the drive down to Faithwalkers.

1 comment:

al said...

I love virtue(s) and support your choices.







pvbtz