11.20.2007

The Best Movie of the Century

I would have said the best movie of the millenium, and it would have meant the same thing, but that seemed like an overstatement.

No, I am not talking about Napoleon Dynamite. I am also not talking about Titanic, as that came out in the previous century. I am talking about Southland Tales.

This is not a film for everyone. It is especially not for people who only like good movies. It is also not for people who only like movies that make sense. Furthermore, it stars The Rock, Sarah Michelle Gellar, and Stifler.

How can I label such a film "the Best Movie of the Century"? I don't know. But I have to. Some people might compare this movie to a train wreck, but a train wreck is an ugly disaster. This movie is more like a fire in a Beverly Hills penthouse. It's destroying all the expensive, beautiful things and people, and in a way, that's more beautiful than the penthouse was before.

I highly suggest you see this movie, but I take no responsibility for that recommendation.

No comments: