11.15.2007

An Independent Vermont

Vermont has officially dropped more than 10 places on my list of the 50 states in order of favorites. It now resides at #41, between Idaho and Utah. Why?

About a month ago I heard that Vermont wanted to secede from the union. That's definitely one of the most absurd ideas I've ever heard. You're fed up with corporations and the Iraq War, so you're going to secede? Seriously? Vermont is like the Liberia of the U.S.--war torn, unable to sustain itself economically or politically, notorious for human rights violations, and greatly lacking in airports. Knowing that, they're still willing to make a go of it? Moronic as it seems, we may as well let them give it a shot. It'd be fun to watch.

Within one year as an idependent nation, Montpelier will be ashes and rubble, and the people will be forced to live in abandoned department stores. Then there'll be the drug trafficking, the arms build-up, the stray animals and rampant disease. It'll all lead up to the pathetic low of an alliance with Canada.

If I were New Hampshire, I'd be scared out of my mind.

No comments: