11.12.2007

The End of Innocence

Two of my good friends over at the Pop Culture Blogulator got married this weekend. It was a doozy of a party, and since I'm 70 years old and a baby, I got tired and left early. But I did get to dance twice, which is the second-most times I've ever danced in one evening.

The weird thing about a wedding, though, is that it's the beginning of a marriage. Most people forget that. A wedding isn't just a dress-up party; it's the union of two souls in one common purpose of uniting against the ever-growing army of the undead. That's what I like most about weddings. They consecrate for us two new warriors for the cause of humanity.

Congrats, Mark and Brigitte, and may God be with you and your fellow marrieds on the battlefields of the damned!

(But seriously, congratulations. Really.)

No comments: