3.27.2008

Robot Historical Figure Showdown!

I love robots, I love history, and I love imagining what it would be like if two people fought each other, so I decided to put together the most spectacular show in the history of fake boxing and/or fake wrestling--the Robot Historical Figure Showdown! I'm selecting a few of history's greatest people, presenting them in robot form, and pitting them against another historical figure in robot form in a mechanical battle across time!

Sixteen enter, and in a process of single elimination, one robot emerges victorious as the Greatest Robot Version of a Real Person Ever! Here are your first round matches, seeded somewhat arbitrarily:

(1) Robot Charlemagne vs.
(16) Robot Czar Nicholas II

(2) Robot Wayne Gretzky vs.
(15) Robot Edith Piaf

(3) Robot Mark Twain vs.
(14) Robot Soren Kirkegaard

(4) Robot Ferdinand Magellan vs.
(13) Robot Aristotle

(5) Robot Winston Churchill vs.
(12) Robot Queen Victoria

(6) Robot Emiliano Zapata vs.
(11) Robot Thomas Edison

(7) Robot Jesse Owens vs.
(10) Robot Nelson Mandela

(8) Robot Montezuma vs.
(9) Robot Sacajawea

Wow. I have to say, these matchups were NOT planned to be like this. If I had it my way, I would not have paired up the two emperors, the two writers, the two British leaders, the two black people, and the two single-word-named Native Americans. But I am really excited for Robot Wayne Gretzky vs. Robot Edith Piaf. That's gonna be fun.

Tune in tomorrow (or possibly later today) to see how this business shakes out.

No comments: