3.28.2008

Robot Showdown, Round 1

There's really not much interesting to say about the first round of a robot battle tournament. Robots fight each other, some of them talk in funny accents, and then one explodes. Thanks to plentiful explosions, you'll never again hear from Robot Czar Nicholas, Robot Edith Piaf, Robot Soren Kirkegaard, Robot Aristotle, Robot Winston Churchill, Robot Zapata, Robot Mandela, or Robot Montezuma.

Unfortunately, I didn't witness any of these "bouts" because I was busy. I think they all happened while I was in the bathroom or eating lunch or something. I caught the highlights later, though, and they weren't as interesting as you'd expect.

Actually, robot fighting in general seemed a whole lot less interesting than what I was hoping for. That sucks. Maybe I'll go back to trying to breed minotaurs and running them through mazes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't stop now! My money's on Mark Twain.

Adam Omelianchuk said...

Shut up coyote! I always put money on Kierkegaard. It's the whole 'leap of faith' thing.

Anonymous said...

Ben, I hate to say it, but this post is a cop-out. It's like cancelling the last few rounds of the NCAA tournament because the commentators got bored with the games. And I don't even care about the results of these robot wars.

Unspar! said...

Jon,
I know it's a cop-out, but it's slightly less of a cop-out than if I had no follow-up at all. I couldn't think of anything creative enough to describe the "results," and I didn't want to write anything more about it, so I copped out. I have no regrets.