6.26.2008

B is for Batman Returns

Batman's back to double my blog traffic.
You may or may not recall that I once posted about Batman (see above). It was not what anyone would call a great post. It's hardly worth this moment of reflection. But strangely enough, it is far and away the number one reason people are visiting my blog.

That's right, somehere around 80% of the people visiting this site are here for that very picture of Batman. That means for every time you read this legitimately, four people just dropped by to check out Batman. In the last day and a half, 60 people have come here for Batman and Batman only.

Normally I'd offer several absurd explanations as to why this may be, but I can't come up with even one bizarre possibility. This makes no sense to me at all. None. So instead I'm just going to delete that post and blog more about whale explosions and monocle jokes.

Anybody got a good monocle joke?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Q: What did the guy with the monocle say to the guy without the monocle?

A: "Hey jerk, check out my monocle, isn't it rad? I bet you wish you had one like I do."

Jes GIlman said...

An elderly English man who wore a monocle, was traveling in a first class compartment on a train and found himself sharing it with another man, who he soon learnt was French.

The English man who was rather proud of his command of the French language, looked around for something he could use, to impress the French man with.

He spotted a fly.

Pointing to it, he said the to the French man "Le mouche".

The French man replied "Non, non, c'est la mouche".

The English man's monocle fell into his lap and he exclaimed "My my, what extraordinary good eyesight you French people have !".