6.19.2008

It's a Joke

In my years of blogging, I've received several comments from people who, for one reason or another, take me seriously. When I blogged about Buffalo, Minnesota, a Buffalo native suggested that I reconsider my "stance" on not ever wanting to live there. Over a year after I had posted it, someone commented on my B is for Batman entry aggressively defending the hero (even though I had said literally nothing about him). Most recently, someone suggested that I keep track of my hitchhiking trip on some online journal to give tips to other travelers.

Now I welcome all comments, and I won't even make fun of them. But I'd like to clarify the apparently common misunderstanding that this blog is by any means grounded in truth or fact. It is not. It's all a joke. All of it. I haven't said anything serious here since 1970 (except for this one). I'm sorry if I betrayed your trust, very small number of people who I've never met. Trust is a fragile thing, and I'll try to rebuild it.

Which is why, henceforth, this blog will be no longer a house of lies. I feel too guilty for misleading those three people. Entertainment and humor should not take so great a toll on my conscience. So from now on I'll be devoting my writings to reviews of Broadway plays, detailed descriptions of things I find on the ground, and promotion for my new real estate business.

Would anyone like to buy a Brooklyn Bridge?

Who owns it?  Gandhi?

3 comments:

Micah said...

So... is all of this a joke too?

Were there ever any people who took you seriously... or are you now joking about being serious?

Smokescreen?

I see through your lies Ben.

Anonymous said...

This supports the truth of your blog tagline all the more.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your real estate ventures. Your timing is impeccable, in regards to the market. When are you quitting your other job?

P.S. I may be interested in one of them bridges, if you have any left.