6.20.2008

No Hope

Today is shaping up to be a long day. Each week I'm more impatient for Friday to end, and this week I was ready to be out for the weekend as of 12:30pm yesterday. So this extra day and a half of working is not something I'm enjoying.

Since I'm starting to think that dying of thirst in the desert would be a slight improvement, here's a short play about me dying of thirst in the desert.

ME: Woe is me! I'm dying of thirst in the desert!
(Ghost of Genghis Khan appears)
ME: Whoa, a mirage!
KHAN: I am not a mirage. I'm the ghost of Genghis Khan.
ME: What are you doing here?
KHAN: I'm here to guide you out of this desert.
ME: But there's no way out! It's just desert forever!
KHAN: (slaps me in the face) INSOLENT FOOL!
ME: Ow.
KHAN: But you are right. There is no way out.
ME: Then why did you slap me?
KHAN: The better question is, why am I not slapping you right now?
ME: I guess you're right.
KHAN: Indeed. (slaps me again)
ME: So what do we do now?
KHAN: Do you know if they have any Mongolian barbecue places around here?
ME: It's the desert.
KHAN: Where I am from, they have Mongolian barbecue in the desert.
ME: But you're from Mongolia.
KHAN: True.
ME: Do you know how to get to Mongolia from here?
KHAN: (pause) No.
ME: Great.
KHAN: (pause) Where are we?
ME: The desert.
KHAN: Ah yes. The desert.
ME: We're screwed, aren't we?
KHAN: Not we. You.
ME: Why aren't you screwed?
KHAN: Because I am a ghost. Also because I conquered China.
ME: Oh yeah.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you seen the movie Mongol?

Unspar! said...

No, but I REALLY want to. It's at the Uptown now.