6.24.2008

The Meaning of Life

I encountered an interesting bumper sticker this morning. I tend to despise bumper stickers, and this one was no exception, but it asked a question that intrigued me. Or maybe it didn't intrigue me, but it seemed worth blogging about.

The question was this:
"What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?"

I have several thoughts about this, but they all revolve around the same idea. That idea being suicide. Because if this statement were true, we may as well all kill ourselves now. The alternative (a lifetime of hokey-pokey) is not especially appealing.

We've come a long way since the Rennaisance, sure, but the hokey pokey might be our last refuge for a meaningful life in this crazy world? Are video games, politics, and Cheetos no longer enough to satisfy the soul? And what if we invented robots to do the hokey pokey for us? Would we then become obsolete?

Actually, now I'm so horrified at the prospect of hokey-pokeying robots that I have to end this post. Pray that no mad scientists or mad robot-builders ever read this blog.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bentronmathon, will you be doing another Mock NBA Draft before tomorrow's Un-Mock NBA Draft?