10.25.2007

Buffalo, MN



On Tuesday night, I took a trip to the good ol' town of Buffalo, Minnesota. I'd never been to Buffalo before, and it proved to be glorious beyond my wildest hopes and dreams. Let me detail for you the ways the Buffalo is great.

-There's a really big lake.
-Numerous buffalo have been killed, shrunken, covered in resin and placed in scenic places throughout town.
-They have a movie theater.
-The city's first hospital was converted into a police station.
-In Buffalo, the sun rises in the west. Like it should.
-Every citizen of Buffalo is granted three wishes. Apparently most of these have been used to make the town cute.
-I love Buffalo.
-Unlike Minneapolis, Buffalo is vampire-free.

But I don't think I'd ever want to live in Buffalo. Buffalo's kind of like the moon. Fun place to visit, but it's probably better to live closer to the city.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too bad that you feel that living closer to the cities is better than living in Buffalo...MN. I have lived here for 13 years...after living in both smaller towns and large cities- even larger than the TC's...and by far, this is the best place I have ever lived. People here are genuine- not the dreaded "MN Nice" that leaves you wondering. The very low cost of housing more than offsets the cost to drive to work down town or to the cities for better restaurant choices. The community theatre and musical arts are wonderful here. There is also a very strong visual arts community. I don't have children in school, but I am told this school system is awesome. Oh- and if you are into shabby and chic- there are the monthly occasional sales which are bring folks- mostly women- from all over the country.

Hope you will reconsider the opportunities here.

RLZ in Buffalo, MN, not NY.