10.19.2007

Dealing with Tragedy

When a lot of crappy stuff happens, the best thing to do is hang out with cartoonish animals. So here's a short play about friendship between squirrels to comfort our little hearts.

Two squirrels sit at a table in a coffee shop, one enjoying a black coffee, the other sipping on a green tea.

SQUIRREL A (ROGER): Are you going to the renuion?
SQUIRREL B (FINNEAS): Nah.
ROGER: Why not?
FINNEAS: I don't really want to see the people used to get drunk and TP my house.
ROGER: Good point.
FINNEAS: Are you going?
ROGER: I was thinking about it, but I don't really want to go alone.
FINNEAS: Why go at all?
ROGER: I guess I kind of miss the old days.
FINNEAS: What's to miss?
ROGER: I don't know. I'm just nostalgic, I guess.
FINNEAS: I'll go with you if you really wanna go.
ROGER: Really?
FINNEAS: Sure. What are friends for.
ROGER: No, it's not that big of a deal.
FINNEAS: No really. We can make fun of how fat all the football players got.
ROGER: Did you hear Phillip and Margaret got married?
FINNEAS: No way. Them?
ROGER: Yep. I hear they're living in the birch tree at the Robertson place.
FINNEAS: How the mighty have fallen.
pause
ROGER: You're a good friend, Finneas.
FINNEAS: Same to you, Roger.
pause
FINNEAS: Awkward.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel better now.