5.10.2006

Dress Code

Cigna has finally instituted a dress code, and I'm unexpectedly compliant. This means no more jeans, no more hoodies, and no more t-shirts (though I had yet to wear one). Except on Fridays. And I think that's what bothers me the most. I despise the concept of casual Fridays. It's insulting for some reason that I don't fully understand.

Even though ultimately I don't mind having to wear khakis and nicer shirts all the time, I'm staging a silent protest. Elements of this protest include:
-not tucking in shirts
-wearing nothing but brown
-not buying any new clothes and thus wearing the same pair of khakis for three weeks

I give Cigna a month before they surrender.

4 comments:

christinesfakeblog said...

I will be wearing nothing but brown also...as a sign of... solidarity.

So solid am I with you, that I've actually been doing it for months. Out of solidarity...with your plight.

Maren said...

I have so far survived all of my five years in the workplace by rotating between about 3 or 4 pairs of dress pants. Sometimes I wear the same pair of pants 3-4 days in a row. No one ever says anything. I say if they don't stink or have stains, it's fine. And until someone approaches me about it, I'm going to keep doing it.

maren

christinesfakeblog said...

I only wear two. One of them is plaid, so let's just say I wear the other pair a lot.

Anonymous said...

When I started working there a little over a year ago, we could only wear jeans on Friday. Last spring they changed it so we could wear jeans any day of the week. In November, they took away our ability to wear jeans at all. That has really sucked this winter, because jeans are the warmest clothes I have.