5.17.2006

The Frisbee

(Part One of three posts in quick succession)

This is one of those “what I did yesterday” posts, so if you don’t like those, don’t bother. I tend to spice that theme up sometimes, but I don’t feel up to something spicy for lunch today. Just had tacos for dinner last night.

So yesterday I went frisbee golfing, or "disc golfing," with a couple buds. We played Acorn Park in Roseville, which has got to be the most dangerous park I’ve ever played. I nearly lost my disc at least three times, once at the bottom of a muddy pond. And this muddy pond was on the very first hole. Thankfully, my two buds decided to wade through this cold, muddy pond to find it for me. I didn’t have to get involved because they were wearing shorts, and I was wearing pants. I felt a little bad that I didn’t join them, but I didn’t feel that bad cuz I got to stay dry and warm and clean.

I bet that’s exactly how Pharaoh would have felt if he went frisbee golfing with his slaves and lost his disc in a pond. And if he wore pants. And if he didn’t have people carrying him around on one of those canopy beds. And if he lived in Minnesota instead of Egypt. And if his slaves were good friends of his. But there are almost as many similarities as differences, so I’d say the comparison flies.

No comments: