5.11.2006

The Latest Development in the Nazi Soul-Crushing Cospiracy

Cigna. You've heard the one-sided hate-mongering stories. You know how badly I want to leave. Now, hear and know that nothing has changed.

The higher-ups have seen fit to incorporate "eTalk" into our system. ETalk is some fancy new system that monitors the work you're doing while you're on a call. Or something like that. But did you notice the company is called Qfiniti? What the hell is that?

...

To be honest, I don't understand it, and what I do understand of it doesn't seem that bad. But it scares me. It scares me because I don't like the idea of having a little green monster living in my computer maliciously scrutinizing everything I do. I probably don't have anything to worry about; I'm apparently a model employee, or so it would seem. But if I'm to keep up that facade, the monsters can't know what's going on. It's perfectly fair to turn this into a war metaphor: it's me versus the spiteful little monsters, freedom against tyranny, good vs. evil, knights vs. dragons, pizza vs. milkshakes.

If I had to choose a different monitoring device (a la Ghostbusters' "choose the form of the Destructor"), I would want to be monitored by puppies. Sleepy puppies. Choose and perish indeed.

No comments: