5.03.2006

More Delicious Chaos

Remember when the phones went down? Today something happened that's potentially much better, but since it's slightly more difficult to explain, it's probably only equally as cool.

Today while I was in a meeting, the system that we use for everything crashed. We can't do anything without this system. And they won't have it up again until after I leave. That's like saying I have an hour for recess. Who wants to play kickball?

The one thing that makes this less cool than the phones going down is that this is more frustrating than chaotic. Nobody's pacing the aisles or screaming hysterically. People still have to take calls, but they can't do anything with them.

I imagine it goes something like this:
"Cigna Behavioral Health EAP, this is Helmet, how can I help you?"
"Yes, I'd like to do whatever."
"I'm sorry, our system is down."
"So?"
"So I can't help you."
"Then why did you ask how you could help me?"
"It was a rhetorical question."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CIGNA Behavioral Heath is a joke!! I am a CIGNA employee and cannot get an appointment through the EAP for another week, and I have a situation that needs immediate attention. The site says you can get an appointment within 48 hours for an urgent problem. I consider a lack of productivity due to personal problems an urgent problem. So, I'll just go to my PCP tomorrow and get drugs. That solves all the problems. Yep.