5.11.2006

Unspar in Action

Continuing in the vein of self-indulgence that consumes and destroys this blog, I present to you the more curious results of an "unspar" google search. I know I discussed this briefly yesterday (four times because Blogger totally effed up), but this is different. Different enough, anyway.

Some hymn that actually uses the word "unspar": But "unspar the gate" still sounds like perfect nonsense. Remove the bars from the gate? What? If someone told me to unspar the gate, I'd probably disassemble the gate. That wouldn't go over too well.

An anti-child abuse website for which "unspar" is a shortened version of "unsparing," I think: As if that makes sense. But I appreciate the positive impact this has on my reputation. Hopefully this will stem the tide against my popularity in pro-abuse sects.

Some book that also uses "unspar" in the context of a gate (text does not appear on page): Who are these people who unspar gates? Somewhere there is a society with a catastrophic gate problem.

"UNSPAR" as acronym: Finally a use I can understand. But wait...using the acronym UNSPAR in that context doesn't fly. Not only does it ignore the I and the S, which seem to me to be pretty important to whatever UNSPAR is, but it also stops short and doesn't incorporate the last word. All in all, this is the worst acronym I've ever seen.

There you have it. Any use of "unspar" beyond me is erroneous, misguided, and insane.

No comments: