3.23.2006

The Final Straw

Cigna, we're through.

I've just received news that Cigna is scaling down my job to include none of my original duties. I will no longer be doing searches for critical incidents. I will no longer be calling people to do surveys. Instead, I will be taking messages for callers who have been waiting too long.

I'm insulted. I was hired to do a certain job, and now I'm being forcibly removed from that to something so much below my intelligence and training and skills. I won't take it. I need a job that appreciates me for what I can do. I never really thought that this was that kind of job, but now I'm sure it's not.

I'm beginning a new job search starting now. I may not find another job. I may have to stay here indefinitely, and I guess I could stand it (insert some good points about Christian humility and whatnot), but I don't belong here, and now it's perfectly clear.

No comments: