3.31.2006

The Highlight of My Day

I just spent the last half-hour explaining in categorical detail why Aladdin is the best Disney movie ever. I should clarify: best animated non-Pixar Disney movie ever (even though I believe that Pixar's stuff doesn't hold a candle to Aladdin, it's just easier to keep separate because they're fairly different styles). I should clarify further: I only needed to defend Aladdin against The Lion King and The Little Mermaid because those were the only two that my friend suggested were better than Aladdin (she also suggested Bambi, but I dismissed that out of hand).

I went through songs, story, supporting cast, and villains, and Aladdin won on all but one of those (songs--Mermaid has the superior soundtrack). Just think about it. You know I'm right.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Where was Beauty and the Beast in that discussion? Because it is obviously the best Disney movie, followed by Robin Hood;) Have you seen The Last Days of Disco? There are good debates about the ethics in Lady and the Tramp, and how Bambi was actually the source of baby-boomer envionmentalism!

chris said...

wow i guess i'm the only one who thinks billy joel as a dog is the best thing ever. O'N'C 4EVS.