3.30.2006

My 72 Hours Are Up

So I gave myself 72 hours for my Peace Corps fervor to die down...and it hasn't. But a great many complications have come up. There are a few things I have determined, though once again these determinations are not immune to flagging passions either.

1. I need to get out of this country if my faith/soul/mind/sanity are to prosper.
2. I very much want and perhaps need to live a life without things.
3. I would like to help people in person. Or help people in general.
4. I can't plan the next major step as a vacation or an escape from "the real world."

Life-changing decision, here I come.

1 comment:

Molly said...

I have been trying to figure out something to change the drudgery that is my life for some time now.

the peace corps sound wonderful to me, but I am a mother so that isn't an option right now.

I saw from your profile that you are a young, single, guy...what better time to do it then now?

I know of a fellow blogger who spent some time in the peace corps, if you would like I will send him a message and I am sure he would be willing to tell you of some of his adventures. let me know.