3.20.2006

Today I Bought

Today I bought my first Rosary ever. I don't know how to pray the Rosary, but I'm going to learn. I always had a slight fascination with Rosaries, and just recently I decided that I needed a beaded Jesus thing to hold onto, so here we are. Is Rosary supposed to be capitalized or not?

I also bought a crucifix. And I looked for some icons, but I couldn't find any that I felt like buying today.

One thing I noticed, though, is that I have problems with making a monetary transaction for spiritual items. It seems to me that something with spiritual meaning should be given, not paid for. I would say God is a communist, but I'm pretty sure God has no strong opinion on economics one way or the other.

Will all my posts from now on be this dull? I hope not, but I think so.

4 comments:

Jes GIlman said...

This is totally off topic, but, I never realized that Shakespeare had such crude humor until I read Measure for Measure.

Pompey: Yonder man is carried to prison.
Miss O: Well! What has he done?
Pompey: A woman.
Miss O: But what's his offence?
Pompey: Groping for trouts, in a peculiar river.

Unspar! said...

The opening scene to Romeo and Juliet is also particularly ribald.

Jes GIlman said...

Here's the next shirt you're going to buy.

http://www.spreadshirt.com/shop.php?op=article&article_id=1122789#top

Unspar! said...

Jess, I'm pretty sure that shirt is brilliant and that you are a genius.