8.08.2008

Adventures in Napping, Part 1

I'm pretty tired today. To those who know me well, that may not seem unusual. OK. But it's still true that I'm tired and I'm going to blog about it.

Since I'm tired, I figured, what topic better to blog about than napping? So I decided to go on a napping adventure, napping in several different places and times (yes, there will be time travel). After I've napped in them, I'll tell you about them. And we'll all have a splendid Friday.

Nap #1: Lemmings the video game

You have to use diggers in this level.
I know it would have made sense to take my first nap in my office, in a field of flowers, or in the world's most comfortable chair, but we all know what those are like. When I really got to thinking about what relaxes me, the first thing that came to my head is the music from Lemmings. It goes like this: dada da dum, da dada dada dada dada, dada da dum, da dada dada dada dada, dada da dum, da dada dada dada dada, dada da dum, da dada dada dada dada, dada dum da da dum da da da da da da da dum. Remember?

How does one take a nap in a video game, you wonder? Relatively comfortably. Aside from all the lemmings pacing back and forth, bashing at the walls, and digging out the floors, everything's pretty peaceful. The ground is really comfortable, except in those Greek-themed levels where it's all rock. Sometimes the sound of their building woke me up, but only when they only had three bricks before they ran out. Other than that they were perfectly quiet.

Overall rating: 7/10

No comments: