8.26.2008

Cold

Well, August is almost over, and winter has finally returned in Minnesota. Though the temperatures still tend to peak in the 70s, do not be deceived. Winter is upon us, and it's time to look forward to another 18 straight months of dirty-carpet-colored skies and squirrels freezing to death in our roof. I know I'm excited.

You skeptics out there probably think I'm overreacting. But don't try and tell me this is just autumn. I know winter when I see it. We definitely missed autumn this year, so we'll have to catch next time around. Stop arguing with me and lay out the plastic yard covers before the snow hits.

I'm glad we got a good four months of spring and summer, but I'm ready to get back into the good ol' Minnesota winter groove. Shoveling and de-icing the sidewalk, wearing three layers of jackets, shielding yourself from the bitter wind, not leaving the house for weeks, developing several paranoid fantasies about the neighbors trying to steal the buried treasure, eating raw deer carcass--those are the things that Minnesota is all about.

Yes, that is a naked butt, and yes, I am sorry for posting it.
Who's ready for a swim?

No comments: