8.12.2008

Scruffy

I haven't shaved in about five days now. That's kind of a lot for me. It's not that I've gotten too lazy to shave, or even that I decided to grow a beard. It's that I discovered that I like it when I look sruffy. Kind of like a terrier.

If I were a puppy, I would look like this.
Next time you see me, you'll remember this picture, and you'll think to yourself, "Hmm...Ben really does look kind of like a terrier now that he stopped shaving. Maybe I should get a terrier, but not because it would remind me of Ben. It would be very strange to own a dog that reminds me of Ben, especially when it's licking my face to wake me up in the morning, or when it's peeing on a tree in my backyard." And since I can read your thoughts, I would be disgusted.

I have a feeling, though, that if I keep up this not-shaving business past this week, I'd end up leaving Scruffy Town for Beard City, and no one would like that. Then I'd look less like a terrier and more like some loser with a beard.

No comments: