1.25.2006

My Hero

The next movie I will see is called Johnny Mnemonic. I think I'm going to buy it, making it Keanu Reeves film #2 that I buy before I see (the first being the excellent Point Break). It's described by an IMDB patron as, "Blade Runner's fat, slutty sister," which makes me even more excited.

There are a great many things to look forward to about Johnny Mnemonic. It's got an all star cast that complements the sublime Keanu with the depth of Ice-T and the subtlety of Dolph Lundgren (who plays a bionic street preacher, apparently). Punk music superstar Henry Rollins also makes an appearance as "Spider," which sounds to me like your typical geek hacker handle.

The film was so excellent, it was nominated for a Razzie for Worst Actor (for Keanu, who has 7 Razzie nominations total, though unfortunately never a win) in 1995 (Pauly Shore won for Jury Duty).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure I saw Jury Duty. I'm also pretty sure I loved it.