1.10.2006

The Year 2050

World Future Experts have at last gotten together and formed the World Future Society, and let me tell ya, you don't earn the title of World Future Expert or get membership in the World Future Society for nothing. It takes years of tireless numbskullery and multiple credentials to testify to your quackery and crackpottery. Needless to say, it's an elite group.

Here's some examples of their predictions for the year 2050.

-Global facism dominates the globe
-Major earthquake in the Midwest
-Decrease in optimism Worldwide
-Elimination of Rebel Alliance
-Al Qaeda wins
-Komodo dragons evolve into real dragons
-People will get older

They also propose an increase in girls' education because, "There is no tool for development that is more effective." They're talking about international development here, folks. Now, I can't think of any counterexample to this statement, but it is nonetheless completely false.

Here's my source, but note that I tend to phrase things creatively for comic effect. Also, I take things so enormously out of context that it may appear that I have made things up.

No comments: