2.03.2006

Health

This morning, in my attempt to assuage my cold, I ate a healthy cereal for the first time ever. Ever. Cheerios. I was a little nervous at first, but I did it. Gotta face your fears.

I'll probably eat them again--after all, I have a giant box full of 'em--but there was one thing that surprised me. The speed of sogginess. I guess when you don't have a protective layer of sugar, your cereal gets soggy a million times faster. Like the moment it touches the milk. So, lesson learned. Except I don't know what that lesson is. Any ideas?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I only get generic Cheerios (Rainbow Foods brand), so I don't know how they hold up compared to the "real thing," but mine stay pretty good for at least 15 minutes, and I usually don't need much longer than that to eat them. But hey, even if they don't stay crisp any longer, at least you're paying less and they taste the same. Also, I recommend Honey Nut if you aren't already eating that. Perhaps my honey layer keeps them crispier longer.

Unspar! said...

I like honey nut, but I've decided to take a radical cereal change and avoid the sugary ones all together. I always prefer the generic, but I didn't take the time to find it this trip. I'm very impatient at the g-store. Next time I'll pay closer attention. Thanks for the advice!