2.03.2006

A Survey on Fun

Today in my email I got a message from some corporate suit I've never heard of asking me to take a survey on what would be fun to do in the office. There were a few options, and we got to choose what we'd like to participate in. The choices were...

Spring Fling – off site event – combine a talent show
Blood Drive
Food Drive
Book Swap
Chili Cook Off – Bake Off
Community Mentoring opportunities (i.e. mentoring school children)
Halloween Costume Contest
Year End Celebration - on-site event/meal
Softball Team
Weight Watchers - on-site meetings
Walking Club
Surprise Events/treats

I find it funny how few of these events are fun or close to fun. A blood drive? Weight watchers? Good things to do, but probably not fun. Try again, Cigna.

I should add that there was a spot for other ideas. I should have put "field trips" or "Dinosaur Adventure" or "International espionage." Now those are fun.

No comments: