2.07.2006

Today is the 7th, and Tomorrow is My Birthday

My birthday is coming! I'm finally starting to get excited! And to get me more excited, here's a birthday retrospective!

Birthdays 1-5: don't remember.
Birthday 6: I got six dinosaur candles for my cake. I also had chicken pox.
Birthday 7: Went to Chuck E. Cheese with my elementary school friends. I remember nothing about it other than crawling through some secret tunnel underneat the robot stage.
Birthdays 8-11: don't remember.
Birthday 12 (might have been any birthday between 11 and 14, actually): Sleepover. Had a nerf war in my basement, and it was awesome.
Birthdays 13-17: don't remember.
Birthday 18: don't remember for the most part, but I remember that I was planning on getting an eyebrow piercing but decided against it when I saw some stranger with one and realized it was too trendy.
Birthday 19: went to Wisconsin Dells with the fam. Not that great, but better than doing nothing in the dorm all weekend.
Birthday 20: My favorite birthday of recent memory. Went home for the weekend, saw family and friends. On birthday night I went to see this anti-war show at First Ave (featuring David Cross and Atmosphere w/Heiruspecs) with Sara. Great show, then we went out to dinner.
Birthday 21: Fairly anti-climactic because it was a Sunday. Drank a Guinness at midnight, bought my own six-pack during the day. Then went out to the Nitty Gritty (Madison birthday bar) for my free mug of beer. Dan Marfield provided the highlight when he bought me a "muff dive," a shot of Kahlua surrounded by whipped cream. Dave provided highlight number two when we were watching The Critic and he said, "I wish there was a penguin flying the plane," and there was indeed a penguin flying the plane.
Birthday 22: The best part was collecting all the birthday messages on livejournal. Also had my very first Irish car bomb with my buddy Jeff. All around fun night out with the buds. Too bad it was a Tuesday.


I love my birthday.

2 comments:

chris said...

i hope you have a good one ben! jess and i just found out we won't be around this weekend, but party it up real nice-like. and i got the chicken pox on my birthday too! weird.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! sorry this message is so late!