2.24.2006

Mardi Gras is Stupid

Today, Friday, the 24th of February, my office is celebrating Mardi Gras. How are we celebrating? For lunch, there is crab. There is also a "parade" with "floats" that can't be bigger than a shoebox. And some misguided soul brought beads.

I don't care how Mardi Gras is actually stupid (it defeats the whole purpose of Lent, more or less). I don't care about crab, parades, or beads.

I care because Mardi Gras isn't until Tuesday and today is Friday. There's not a single reason to move it unless you're stupid. Cigna, you're stupid.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a crab lover, I find myself suddenly wishing I worked with you. As a lover of all things silly, I wish I could see those shoebox floats. I do agree that Mardi Gras is pretty lame, but I would enjoy those things for the sake of enjoying them. Since it is totally not Mardi Gras yet, I propose you (in your infinite creativity) come with a new name for the celebration that is taking place today.

Nicole said...

The name would be Vendredi Gras, but what I can't believe is that you had to make tiny floats in an office! We're not that patronized, and I work in an elementary school...sorry, Ben;)

Unspar! said...

I was overjoyed that Google language tools was actually able to translate that (Vendredi Gras = Fatty Friday or Fat Friday, depending on your favorite number of syllables, I guess). So I learned three words in French today. My French vocabulary has tripled (perhaps)!