2.20.2006

Presidents

Apparently the whole world gets President's Day off but me. There was hardly a soul on the road this morning, and it made me think I was trying to go to work on Sunday. The no traffic part was nice, and it'll be nicer if it goes for the drive home as well.

But the point is this: why do the presidents get a whole day? What have they ever done for this country or, more specifically, me? Nothing. Maybe I'll give them some respect if they give me a cookie (or something of equivalent value), but until then I'll complain loudly for no good reason.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ben - In case you were wondering (since you were lamenting) I don't have President's day off. I definitely have class today. Also, it's refreshing to hear lawyers bitch about people having this day off and how it doesn't really mean anything. It's funny because the majority of presidents were lawyers...maybe they too were bitching about a sham holiday. A sham holiday called President's day. - bun

Anonymous said...

I too had to work, but I don't have a "real job" that gives vacations. I'm not really sure which one of us has the short end the that stick, but I think it's me. It sounds like you don't actually work.