2.27.2006

They Will Make No Money

I went to the post office today, and I was amazed at what I saw. Amid all the dirty, unstylish government products and designs there was one small thing that stood out as even too bizarre for the post office:

A Postal Service CD rack.

The United States Postal Service is now selling The Postal Service CDs. Not just the regular CD, mind you, but a twisted bonus disc set that includes the "We Will Become Silhouettes" single.

I know this was the product of the legal settlement, but still. The thought that this will benefit either party is absurd. Both of their reputations will be soiled. The Postal Service loses their street cred, originally earned by their policy of non-affiliation with any government entity, and the USPS will just look foolish for trying to be cool.

But the biggest losers of all are the fans. Though I don't know why.

2 comments:

christinesfakeblog said...

This just seems like it would be in a movie. Like one made by Christopher Guest, perhaps? You should make a movie about this.

Unspar! said...

But I'm not Christopher Guest.