9.22.2006

I'm Just Here for the Free Cake

This actually happened.

There is cake on the table near my pod at work. Some stranger comes up and helps himself to it.
STRANGER: Good morning!
MY COWORKER: Yeah, it's Friday!
STRANGER: This cake looks delicious.
MY COWORKER: It is. I love cheesecake.
STRANGER: Whose birthday is it?
MY COWORKER: Lisa's.
STRANGER: Tell her I say happy birthday when she gets back.
MY COWORKER: Wait, who are you?
STRANGER: I'm Dan.
MY COWORKER: Do you work here?
STRANGER: Not as such.
MY COWORKER: What are you doing here?
STRANGER: I'm in town for the weekend from Toronto, and I heard you had some free cake.
MY COWORKER: How did you get in here?
MY OTHER COWORKER: Cut him some slack, there's plenty of cake.
STRANGER: Thanks.
MY COWORKER: You should leave.
STRANGER: I can't.
MY COWORKER: Why not?
STRANGER: I'm still eating my cake.
Silence
STRANGER: (with mouth full of cake) This weather sure sucks, huh?

4 comments:

mrs. r said...

see, if you worked here with me, you'd have cake (brownies this morning, actually) AND a security locked door so no strangers could come waltzing in...but then I've never had crazy stories like that to tell...tho I did meet a canadian myself the other day.

Unspar! said...

It actually didn't happen. I meant to put that at the end, but I forgot. The Duke of Misinformation strikes again!

al said...

This happened??









uyxanik

Unspar! said...

No, I made it up, and I thought saying it was true would make it more funny.